- Credit: Archant
Holly Eells visits The Strand in Chelmsford to discover a new, healthy look
While so many of us hanker after healthy, shining locks, like so many things in life, there are no quick fixes. However, with the right maintenance and correct product choices, your hair can look fabulous.
I was invited by Gemma King, owner at The Strand in Chelmsford, to try a hair treatment with a cut and blow dry. The buzzing three-storey hair and beauty salon for men and women offers a variety of services including cut, colour, manicures, eyelashes, waxing, facials and much more.
I was greeted and given a detailed consultation by Jodie Hillman, to figure out my specific needs, and she helped me to identify particular problems with my hair.
I was advised to try Liquid Hair by Wella, which is a new-look liquid hair product with molecular hair restructuring technology to rebuild keratin bonds within the hair and replenish essential amino acids, which aims to fill in the gaps of damaged hair.
The treatment is £18 and it lasted around 15 minutes to help soak and transform the hair. Even when my hair was wet, I was instantly impressed to feel the vast difference in the condition of my locks and felt guilty for depriving my hair for so long.
After I was treated to an ultimate blow dry, which I believe is a perfect solution for any bad hair day because it has the power to transform your hair instantly and can last for several days and still look fabulous. The Strand currently has a £45 package for unlimited blow drys, which enables you to come into the salon at anytime during that month.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
The Strand Chelmsford
12 Moulsham Street