Dorset Magazine editor Helen Stiles and her review of the Muck Boot
- Credit: Archant
Helen Stiles tests out the Muck Boot
Over the last few weeks my daily dog walks have become something of an extreme sport. None of my usual routes are mud free and my poor old walking boots have taken a real pounding. To be frank they just aren’t up to these extra muddy conditions. I have tried the traditional welly boot but on longer walks I find these can become uncomfortable and heavy.
So I was curious to try out the Breezy Tall Muck Boot. Unlike your conventional welly these are insulated with Neoprene – the stuff that wetsuits are made of, so they also have some stretch and can accommodate curvier calves quite easily. Being made of Neoprene means they remain warm and waterproof, and you can also wear these boots without special socks as there is an inbuilt sock liner. In fact I was able to pop these boots on with my business suit when I had to air the dogs before going to a meeting at Kingston Maurward the other week.
I have now tested these waterproof beauties on my daily dog airings, as well as on more lengthy weekend expeditions. They certainly make walking a lot easier as they are surprisingly light weight and there is plenty of grip on the sole. Best of all for the fashion conscious, they come in some really funky colours and designs. I just wish they made Muck Boots for spaniel paws too!
Breezy Tall by Muck Boot £129.95
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 A guide to moving to Somerset
Arctic Sport by Muck Boot (for really cold conditions) £99.95
To see the full range or to find a local stockist visit muckbootcompany.com----------------------------------------------------------
WIN a pair of Muck Boots. Enter our competition and be in with a chance to win one of ten pairs worth up to £130 - www.subscriptionsave.co.uk/MuckBoots