Dr. Martens opens for business on Derby’s Sadler Gate
- Credit: Archant
British footwear brand Dr. Martens’ first standalone store in Derby is now open for business at 50 Sadler Gate
The retail outlet’s arrival in Derby city centre follows a recent opening in neighbouring city Sheffield in 2015 – bringing Dr. Martens’ UK stores count up to 24 stores.
Located within the Cathedral Quarter, the store will benefit from strong existing footfall and its prime position at the centre of the Business Improvement District (BID).
Dr. Martens Derby’s newly-appointed Store Manager Yasmin Cousins said: ‘We’re thrilled to be open and welcoming customers into store to see what we have to offer. There has been a lot of anticipation leading up to now so it’s great to see Dr. Martens already has a strong following in Derby.’
The store features products from the latest Dr. Martens’ SS16 range.
On announcing the opening, Dr. Martens UK Marketing Manager Daniel Freeland said: ‘The brand’s origins lie in workwear and Derby has a rich heritage in manufacture, with it being widely regarded as a birthplace of the industrial revolution. Now thriving with cutting edge industry and global business, we’re excited to make our mark here.’
Throughout Dr. Martens’ history, the brand has also been adopted and subverted by countless characters, subcultures and tribes. Dr. Martens continue to celebrate these free-thinking individuals who stand out from the crowd in their own unique way, as these are the authentic characters that Stand For Something and bring the brand to life.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Dan added: ‘Derby is a perfect fit for Dr. Martens with its lively alternative music scene and vibrant student population. Sadler Gate is buzzing with bars, shops, tattooists and hair salons – a real lifestyle destination – so we’re looking forward to bringing our offering to the street and embedding ourselves in the local community.’