Dr. Martens opens for business on Derby’s Sadler Gate
- Credit: Archant
British footwear brand Dr. Martens’ first standalone store in Derby is now open for business at 50 Sadler Gate
The retail outlet’s arrival in Derby city centre follows a recent opening in neighbouring city Sheffield in 2015 – bringing Dr. Martens’ UK stores count up to 24 stores.
Located within the Cathedral Quarter, the store will benefit from strong existing footfall and its prime position at the centre of the Business Improvement District (BID).
Dr. Martens Derby’s newly-appointed Store Manager Yasmin Cousins said: ‘We’re thrilled to be open and welcoming customers into store to see what we have to offer. There has been a lot of anticipation leading up to now so it’s great to see Dr. Martens already has a strong following in Derby.’
The store features products from the latest Dr. Martens’ SS16 range.
On announcing the opening, Dr. Martens UK Marketing Manager Daniel Freeland said: ‘The brand’s origins lie in workwear and Derby has a rich heritage in manufacture, with it being widely regarded as a birthplace of the industrial revolution. Now thriving with cutting edge industry and global business, we’re excited to make our mark here.’
Throughout Dr. Martens’ history, the brand has also been adopted and subverted by countless characters, subcultures and tribes. Dr. Martens continue to celebrate these free-thinking individuals who stand out from the crowd in their own unique way, as these are the authentic characters that Stand For Something and bring the brand to life.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 5 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Dan added: ‘Derby is a perfect fit for Dr. Martens with its lively alternative music scene and vibrant student population. Sadler Gate is buzzing with bars, shops, tattooists and hair salons – a real lifestyle destination – so we’re looking forward to bringing our offering to the street and embedding ourselves in the local community.’