Fashion Shoot - Capesthorne Hall, Siddington, Macclesfield
- Credit: Archant
The summer season requires we dress elegantly but that doesn’t mean we can’t be fashionable too
Races, summer weddings, garden parties, there are so many reasons why we need to dress to impress in the summer.
The first rule of dressing up is to not overdo it. As Coco Chanel once advised: ‘Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.’ Think Lady of the Manor, rather than Lady Marmalade and you’ll get it right.
And the second rule is wear something that is in your comfort zone. If you’re not a strapless dress person please don’t think that you’ll suddenly feel fabulous if you’re wearing one at the races or a special party.
The pieces here have been hand-picked, not least for their wearability. They look fabulous but they can also be “dressed down” for other occasions - and they are fashion forward too.
Victoria Beckham is truly fashion’s rising star and her dresses are rapidly becoming iconic. She designs pieces to fall in love with and that you can rely on in times of a clothes crisis.
Finally we must mention handbags. When all else fails a fabulous handbag will be your fashionable friend. We love the fact that you can add a pop of colour with one of the new YSL handbags for example and it will be roomy enough for all your essentials too.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 8 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
Photographer; Tracey Gibbs
Stylist; Nicky Rybka-Goldsmith
Model agency; Nemesis
Model: Jazmine at Nemesis
Dogs; Purdey and Bella
With thanks to luxury Italian car manufacturer Maserati
Shot on location at Capesthorne Hall, Siddington, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 9JY. Tel: 01625 861221