The third annual Style in the City fashion show in aid of The Christie, Hilton Deansgate, Manchester
- Credit: Archant
More than 450 guests attended the third annual Style in the City fashion show at the Hilton Hotel Deansgate, Manchester, which raised over £70,000 for young cancer patients at The Christie.
The event was hosted by Barry Thompson, who is the President of the Insurance Institute of Manchester. He has launched the Project 150 campaign to raise £150,000 for a specialist room in The Christie’s new development for teenagers and young adults with cancer.
The event, organised by Barry and his wife Chris, included afternoon tea, entertainment and a catwalk show with professional and industry models showcasing the latest fashions from House of Fraser, with a full afternoon of fun.
Caroline Shaw, the chief executive of The Christie, who attended Style in the City, said: ‘Huge thanks to Barry and Chris – their enthusiasm in organising and putting on such a wonderful event is certainly reflected in the amount they raised, which is almost halfway towards Barry’s target.
‘Their dedication in supporting our young cancer patients is admirable and Barry has even persuaded me to sign up for next year’s Greater Manchester Marathon in aid of his 150 project.’
When it opens in spring 2014, the new unit will be a centre for teenagers and young adults with cancer.
It will contain outpatient facilities on the ground floor, 31 specialist inpatient rooms on the first floor and facilities for young people including a gym, music room and relaxation area on the second floor, as well as rehabilitation and support services. n
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West