Racing driver Ollie Webb attends Rolls-Royce Wraith launch in Knutsford
- Credit: Archant
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Manchester brought the very first Wraiths to Knutsford on August 1st. Wraith, a new car from Rolls-Royce, had been officially unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
With the first customers’ cars expected to be delivered around September and prices starting at £235,000 this really is an exciting time for Rolls Royce and their fans.
At the Knutsford showroom, guests, many of who have already ordered Wraith, had their first chance to drive the new car. Wraith is the most powerful Rolls-Royce to have played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine. The people on the streets of Knutsford stopped and stared as the Wraiths glided by.
The name Wraith, first used in 1938, derives from Scottish dialect and follows the Rolls-Royce tradition of finding inspiration in the ethereal. The name alludes to something different and the design hints at something different from Rolls-Royce, something darker and more dramatic.
This new car will bring a new, younger customer to the company. Wraith is the most powerful and technologically advanced Rolls-Royce ever built at Goodwood in West Sussex.
Wraith boasts the most elegant styling with its graceful fastback and is already being described as the finest GT in the world.
Wraith is a genuine four-seater, accommodating four adults (and their luggage) in typical Rolls-Royce comfort. The interior features a new Canadel panelling concept, either in subtle tipped leather or in optional, open grain wood giving the feel of a luxury yacht cabin.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West