Salford's Charlotte Verity prepares for Dazzle, the contemporary jewellery exhibition in Manchester
Jewellery created in a Salford back yard will be among the highlights of a major exhibition in Manchester
It is an unlikely place to create beautiful jewellery but the shed in the yard behind Charlotte Verity’s Salford home is packed with her stunning designs.
The 29-year-old, who is originally from Blackburn and specialises in using glass in her jewellery, said: ‘I spend more time in the shed than I do in the house.
‘That’s where I have my work bench and my kiln and it is crammed with all the other equipment I need.’
Charlotte, a former pupil of Westholme School, is one of the few designers to use glass as a feature in her work and for the fourth successive year Charlotte’s work will form a part of Dazzle, the contemporary jewellery exhibition in Manchester which was launched 30 years ago.
This year the show will return to its original base at the Royal Exchange Theatre where over 2,000 pieces by more than 50 designers will be on show and on sale.
‘It’s exciting to think that your work is up there with all those other pieces,’ Charlotte said. ‘But it’s quite nerve-wracking too because you’re alongside well-established and reputable jewellers and fresh, exciting new talent.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
Organisers of the two-month exhibition which opens on November 21, are expecting about 50,000 visitors and Dazzle co-founder Tony Gordon said:
‘We are thrilled to be returning to our original venue, the Royal Exchange Theatre, where it all started back in 1981; particularly on this, our 30th anniversary. We are celebrating with a particularly strong showcase of contemporary jewellery’s finest designers.’
Dazzle will run at the Royal Exchange from November 21 to January 1, 2012.