Hurstpierpoint Prep raise £2.5K at Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
Children and parents at Hurstpierpoint Prep School raised over £2,500 for Macmillan Cancer Care as part of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
Children set up stalls before the start of the school day on Friday 26th September, the official Coffee Morning fundraising day, to sell home-made cakes.
The cakes were themed with Prep School House colours and children were encouraged to save their pennies in Smartie tubes in advance of the fundraising day. The Hurst Parents’ Association ran a stall of cakes and coffee.
The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is a fundraising event set up by the Macmillan Cancer Support charity. This week the charity has raised over £1 million from this year’s Coffee Morning day.
College Chaplain, Jeremy Sykes, oversees the charity events at the College and commented, “The children did so well. It was a pleasure to see the colourful tables and such wonderfully decorated cupcakes.”
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset