Prince’s Countryside Fund helps a Sussex resident gain important training
- Credit: Archant
As part of The Prince’s Countryside Fund’s grant scheme, a young Sussex resident will gain invaluable training
Rachel Knott, aged 23, from Brighton has been chosen as Sussex Wildlife Trust’s Volunteer Assistant Reserves Officer thanks to a grant from The Prince’s Countryside Fund.
Open to young people living in or close to Sussex, the one-year placement will enable Rachel to gain valuable skills and practical conservation experience to improve her employment prospects in the rural community. Rachel will work towards a Level 2 Diploma in Environmental Conservation and receive on-the-job training, learning skills including coppicing, scrub cutting, animal husbandry and livestock handling as well as off-road driving and first aid, all while working with the Sussex Wildlife Trust’s Land Management Team. Rachel says of the scheme: “This is a wonderful opportunity to learn practical countryside management, gain valuable new skills and work towards my chainsaw licence. This training will be a great asset and afterwards I hope to find a job as a ranger or warden.”
Rachel found her previous experience volunteering as a Sussex Wildlife Trust Youth Ranger gave her invaluable experience in applying for this post.
• To find out more about Sussex Wildlife Trust, our conservation work and volunteering opportunities please visit www.sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk• For more information about The Prince’s Countryside Fund please visit www.princescountrysidefund.org.uk• The public can make a donation online at Virgin Giving at the Post Office or by text. Text PCF to 70300 and a £3 donation will be made to The Prince’s Countryside Fund
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms