12 photos that capture the true beauty of Marple and Marple Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Our readers investigate Marple and Marple Bridge
Waterways dominate life around Marple, It lies along the Peak Forest Canal with the Marple Aqueduct and the Marple Lock Flight (a series of 16 canal locks) nearby.
The River Goyt separates Marple from the nearby village of Marple Bridge. The village centre has been designated a Conservation Area and the picturesque bridge spanning the river is a favourite spot for photographers.
Further afield, the surrounding area has plenty of areas for walking, the aqueduct and Romiley, and the waterways of the Peak District Canal to name a few. Take a trip to Mellor up the road to enjoy fantastic panoramic views of the area.
Why don’t you upload your images of Marple and Marple Bridge to the reader photo gallery?
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex