12 photos that capture the true beauty of Marple and Marple Bridge
- Credit: Archant
Our readers investigate Marple and Marple Bridge
Waterways dominate life around Marple, It lies along the Peak Forest Canal with the Marple Aqueduct and the Marple Lock Flight (a series of 16 canal locks) nearby.
The River Goyt separates Marple from the nearby village of Marple Bridge. The village centre has been designated a Conservation Area and the picturesque bridge spanning the river is a favourite spot for photographers.
Further afield, the surrounding area has plenty of areas for walking, the aqueduct and Romiley, and the waterways of the Peak District Canal to name a few. Take a trip to Mellor up the road to enjoy fantastic panoramic views of the area.
Why don’t you upload your images of Marple and Marple Bridge to the reader photo gallery?
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton