Dartmoor will witness drama of Tour of Britain hill-top finish
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of cycling fans are expected to watch the stage six Tour of Britain summit finish at Haytor on Dartmoor
Dartmoor National Park Authority Chairman, Peter Harper said: “It’s great to see the Tour returning to Devon and especially to Dartmoor with what we hope will be another exciting hill-top finish at Haytor.
“In 2013 the event was enjoyed by huge numbers of visitors, the riders loved it and the feedback from the organisers was fantastic.
“It also provided a real boost to the local economy with many businesses benefitting from additional trade and accommodation providers reported being fully booked.”
Mick Bennett, Race Director said: “The return of the Tour of Britain to Devon after a year away has been much anticipated and we look forward to reacquainting the teams and riders with the summit finish at Haytor that proved so popular in 2013.
“The climb will once again be a key moment in this year’s route, and coming again on a Friday afternoon, is going to see thousands of cycling fans descending upon Dartmoor to witness the drama first-hand.
“We have worked with our partners at Devon County Council to create a route that is challenging for the riders, picturesque for the worldwide television pictures and takes in a number of towns and communities to bring the Tour of Britain to as many fans as possible.”
- 1 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings