Dog-friendly staycation in Scarborough: 4 reasons to check into the Bike & Boot
- Credit: Archant
If your summer holiday abroad has been cancelled due to COVID-19 and you’re itching to get away, a seaside staycation could be the perfect solution.
We spoke to co-founders of the Bike & Boot, Simon Kershaw and Simon Rhatigan, to learn why their new hotel is the ideal holiday hub for anyone seeking a UK getaway.
1) Four-legged friends are more than welcome
Your search for a dog-friendly hotel is over – complete with a grooming and pampering area, comfy dog bed, free toy, and a yummy dog-food menu, the Bike & Boot could well become your dog’s new best friend.
“The Bike & Boot has been built in a way that not only accommodates dogs, but treats them too. After all, they’re on holiday as well!” says Simon.
Although the hotel welcomes dogs with open arms, there are dog-free zones for those that would prefer not to mix with them.
2) Facilities for the active holiday-makers
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
Scarborough is the perfect destination for surfers, cyclists and avid walkers.
The Bike & Boot is fully equipped for ‘active escapism’ with:
- Surfboard racks
- An area to wash your board and wetsuits
- A washing area for walking boots and kit
- Secure storage area for bikes
- Bike servicing facilities
- Bike cleaning area
“I don’t believe there’s another hotel in the country with this level of facilities for walkers, cyclists and surfers,” Simon says.
“Our purpose-built facilities mean that you don’t have to worry about the boring stuff, like where you’re going to store your bike. You can just get on and enjoy your break. You can even hire electric bikes from us if you haven’t brought your own.”
3) The ‘Bareca’ - Bar, Restaurant and Café
The Bike & Boot has gone ‘further than your average hotel’; they serve a range of ‘incredible food’ throughout the day in their cleverly named Bareca.
“Our breakfast menu offers everything from smoothies to the full Yorkshire breakfast, and all hot drinks and tasty cakes served at tea time can be enjoyed completely free of charge if you’re a guest,” Simon explains.
The evening restaurant has a simple, Mediterranean-themed offering, and guests can also relax in the retreat lounge, complete with honesty bar.
4) Hassle-free, laid-back environment
Imagine a hotel experience where you don’t have to queue to check-in and you can help yourself to hot drinks and an honesty bar.
The Bike & Boot was created with 21st century-style relaxation in mind. You can return to the hotel after catching some waves, walking your furry friend, or cycling along the promenade with nothing to do but sit back, unwind and take in the sea views.
You can find the Bike & Boot at Cliff Bridge Terrace, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 2HA.