Local Somerset artist Jo Green
- Credit: Archant
Perhaps it’s unsuprising that the arts is the most creative place for start-up businesses offering unique crafts like Creations by Fina
Here at Somerset Life we love to be the first to know - especially when it comes to rooting out talented locals - and our latest find is mixed media artist Jo Green and her Creations by Fina.
You’ll find her work on display (and for sale) as part of North Somerset Arts at The Old Town Quarry during April.
“Creativity is a part of my everyday life,” admits Jo. “My art journey so far has given me the opportunity to meet some very talented friends who have been extremely encouraging.
“I often use recycled materials, new and vintage papers and fabrics, ceramics (mostly Renee’s or my own works (fellow artist Renee Kilburn) and have endless supplies/remnants from my friends’ studios. I captivate happiness from the past and present, creating an ensemble of beauty using the gift of imagination and creativity.”
Jo shares those skills far and wide and to date she hosts a monthly art class for her local Dementia and Alzheimers Action Alliance in Weston-super-Mare and has held art club workshops for local schools and presentations at the WI and craft groups. Her work can be seen in galleries in Ilfracombe and Burnham-on-Sea and there are plans to show in Weston-super-Mare and Clevedon.
“I love the atmosphere of living in a seaside town, the peace and tranquility of nearby countryside and the culture of an amazing city locally. Living in Somerset provides inspiring scenery and many photographic opportunities that mostly capture memorable days out with family and friends.”
See more of her work at creationsbyfina.co.uk
See Renee Kilburn Ceramics here: facebook.com/reneekilburnceramics
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers