Local Somerset artist Jo Green
- Credit: Archant
Perhaps it’s unsuprising that the arts is the most creative place for start-up businesses offering unique crafts like Creations by Fina
Here at Somerset Life we love to be the first to know - especially when it comes to rooting out talented locals - and our latest find is mixed media artist Jo Green and her Creations by Fina.
You’ll find her work on display (and for sale) as part of North Somerset Arts at The Old Town Quarry during April.
“Creativity is a part of my everyday life,” admits Jo. “My art journey so far has given me the opportunity to meet some very talented friends who have been extremely encouraging.
“I often use recycled materials, new and vintage papers and fabrics, ceramics (mostly Renee’s or my own works (fellow artist Renee Kilburn) and have endless supplies/remnants from my friends’ studios. I captivate happiness from the past and present, creating an ensemble of beauty using the gift of imagination and creativity.”
Jo shares those skills far and wide and to date she hosts a monthly art class for her local Dementia and Alzheimers Action Alliance in Weston-super-Mare and has held art club workshops for local schools and presentations at the WI and craft groups. Her work can be seen in galleries in Ilfracombe and Burnham-on-Sea and there are plans to show in Weston-super-Mare and Clevedon.
“I love the atmosphere of living in a seaside town, the peace and tranquility of nearby countryside and the culture of an amazing city locally. Living in Somerset provides inspiring scenery and many photographic opportunities that mostly capture memorable days out with family and friends.”
See more of her work at creationsbyfina.co.uk
See Renee Kilburn Ceramics here: facebook.com/reneekilburnceramics
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a Mini-Moon experience for two at The Feathered Nest in the Cotswolds
- 5 7 great walks near Kirkby Lonsdale
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 8 8 great family walks in the North West
- 9 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton