Newhaven Harbour transformed for one night only
Newhaven Harbour will be transformed into a spectacular maritime wonderland for one night this summer
Newhaven Harbour will be transformed into a spectacular maritime wonderland for one night this summer.
Newhaven Cormorant! is a collaboration between Brighton-based creative producers Zap Art and celebrated French street arts company Generik Vapeur. The event will feature fire boats, floating sculptures, choirs and performers and a breathtaking finale taking the performance right out into the harbour.Dave Reeves from Zap Art said "Newhaven Cormorant! will turn Newhaven Harbour into a stage for one night, using performance and pyrotechnics on land and sea to create something magical. The scale of the event is huge - it will be accessible to everyone and a wonderful show for families."
Newhaven Cormorant! is the second part of an ongoing collaboration with Zap Art / Generik Vapeur, as part of the European project ZEPA, (European Zone of Artistic Projects). The first event, Photo Communale, saw Generik Vapeur bring a giant roaming camera to the streets of Newhaven, photographing the town and the people. The resulting images will also be used as part of Newhaven Cormorant!
The event will feature both international and local participants, as Zap Art and Generik Vapeur have been working with local artists, community groups and educational organisations as part of the project.
Newhaven Cormorant! is free and takes place in Newhaven Town Centre and Newhaven Harbour on July 16 from 8.30pm - approx 11.30pm (finishing time may vary).
Picture by Alex Kudela
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Win a modern Guernsey cushion cover kit
- 8 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex