Pots in the Kitchen - Ceramic Exhibition
Somerset based potter Clio Graham's work often features on the shelves of Number Seven in fact her work is so popular with our customers that it often sells before we get a chance to display it...
Somerset based potter Clio Graham’s work often features on the shelves of Number Seven in fact her work is so popular with our customers that it often sells before we get a chance to display it.
Clio makes pots that are to be used and enjoyed; they are often an expression of her interests in the natural world, of wildlife, landscape and particularly birds. All of her work is hand-thrown on a kick-wheel and then decorated with slip, basically white or coloured liquid clay which is applied onto the earthenware pot using a range of techniques, such as sgraffito, brushwork or slip-trailing to build up the design.
Having an Exhibition will enable us to display more of her beautiful yet functional ceramics and we thought it would be a great opportunity for visitors to actually meet Clio in a relaxed environment – our shop kitchen! Clio will be in residence on the Saturday. It is also the same weekend as Dulverton Folk Festival so lots of fun to be had.
May Spring Bank Holiday Weekend
Saturday 28th May - Monday 30th May 2011
Exhibition Open Daily 11am - 4pm
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 4 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
NUMBER SEVEN 7 The High Street Dulverton TA22 9HB