Swan Lake in Folkestone
- Credit: Archant
Vienna Festival Ballet Celebrates their 34th Anniversary
Swan Lake is back in Folkestone – on 20 May, 7.30pm at the Leas Cliff Hall -performed by the ever-popular Vienna Festival Ballet.
Their top-talented ranks of dancers include British, Australian and South African soloists, graduates from the Royal Ballet School and English National Ballet.
But why is Swan Lake such a surefire hit?
Peter Mallek, Artistic Director; “As one of the greatest love stories, it is one of mankind’s most intense theatrical experiences. It stands alongside Romeo & Juliet but with a different twist because only the company producer decides if evil is to triumph over good – or the other way round.”
“Having been taken through the whole gamut of emotions, the audience cannot tell whether Prince Siegfried will perish for his love of swan-girl Odette, or whether sorcerer Baron Rothbart and his accomplice Odile, impersonating Odette, will pay for their trickery. The final answer arrives to a shattering musical climax from Tchaikovsky.”
VFB are celebrated for the continued freshness of their dancing casts, and the strength of their corps - the flock of swans - is sure to be highlighted. Another VFB strong suit is costumes. Swan Lake has the glamour of royalty, and the palace and lakeside sets enhance the experience.
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 5 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 6 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 7 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 10 5 stunning summer walks in Suffolk
Vienna Festival Ballet is the creation of Peter Mallek, who after having a successful and celebrated career, created the company that has now flourished to become one of the most respected in the dance world, Vienna Festival Ballet have been touring the UK and Europe since 1980. Their repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, The Sleeping Beauty, Giselle, Cinderella, Coppélia, Othello, La Sylphide, Rhapsody in Blue, American in Paris and Bolero (after Bejart).
Artistic Director Peter Mallek trained in Vienna under the Russian teacher Harry Pluciss, a former pupil of the world famous ballet master Pushkin. He performed with the national ballet companies of the world; American Ballet Theatre, London Festival Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Australian Ballet and the Dutch National Ballet.
Box office 0844 871 3015
? Just announced and booking now; The Nutcracker, the legendary ballet comes to Leas Cliff Hall Folkestone on 14 October.