5 of the best September walks in the Peak District
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during September. NOTE: Safeguarding against the coronavirus is likley to be a part of everyday life for the forseeable future. We advise that two metres social distancing and checking the latest guidelines are the best course of action.
September 2019 issue
Thor’s Cave is one of the great natural wonders of the Peak District. Enjoy this amble in the Manifold Valley, a geological wonderland of towering limestone crags, caves and rock shelters.
Vale of Edale
September 2018 issue
As the starting point of numerous routes, scenic Edale is one of the country’s iconic base camps for hill walkers, this time we explore the picturesque Vale of Edale.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 4 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 REVIEW: The Pickled Sprout, Harrogate
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 9 5 great Boxing Day walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
September 2017 issue
Head to the north of the county for a scenic walk around hills and mills in the High Peak, starting from the popular village of Glossop.
September 2016 issue
We venture outside the Peak District for this walk which follows paths, tracks and a lengthy stretch of quiet road over a rolling landscape of productive farmland.
September 2015 issue
A stroll around the tangled web of Tideswell’s narrow roads, lanes, alleyways and ginnels, twisting between character houses and pretty cottages.
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change. We advise you acquire a recent OS map of the area you plan to visit and assure there are no major changes.