Wentbridge House Hotel wins Large Hotel of the Year at the White Rose Awards 2013
- Credit: Archant
One of Yorkshire’s finest country house hotels takes home a much coveted award
There is good reason to celebrate at one of Yorkshire’s leading hotels. Wentbridge House Hotel has claimed the title as winner of the Large Hotel of the Year at the White Rose Awards 2013 – one of the biggest tourism awards in the country. The luxurious country house hotel was one of 16 winners at the glittering ceremony at New Dock Hall in Leeds.
Wentbridge House is set in 20 acres of stunning grounds, the picturesque village of Wentbridge in West Yorkshire. It is independently owned with 41 individually designed bedrooms plus 2 AA rosette dining, where the kitchen team use only local produce whenever possible.
Hotel manager at Wentbridge House, Catherine Harrild, said: ‘We couldn’t be more delighted to win the White Rose Awards Large Hotel of the Year. It’s a great credit to the entire Wentbridge team, especially when you consider the quality and excellence of the other properties shortlisted.
‘As an independent Yorkshire hotel, it’s a huge honour to be recognised for our efforts and we look forward to continuing to provide a warm Yorkshire welcome, excellent service and special touches for all our guests to give even more reason to visit us at Wentbridge and further promote and encourage tourism in the Yorkshire region.’
The team at Wentbridge House is particularly proud of the hotel’s beautiful parkland surroundings used for weddings and civil partnerships. The hotel is available for exclusive use by couples searching for an idyllic venue for their wedding.
The judges said about the hotel: ‘What really makes Wentbridge House stand out is its ability to give consistent and exceptional customer service.’
- 1 Mother and daughter team Mavis and Michelle Ackerley hunting Dirty Rotten Scammers
- 2 The top 10 Glastonbury performances of all time
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 The Somerset villages with the strangest names
- 5 Win a £500 VIP Ladies Day at Thirsk Races
- 6 10 famous (and not so famous) castles in Cheshire
- 7 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
- 10 5 stunning summer walks in Suffolk
Gary Verity, Chief Executive of Welcome to Yorkshire, organisers of the awards, said: ‘The level of entries this year was nothing short of outstanding, so to make the shortlist was a huge achievement. For them to go on and win one of our famous awards is a huge achievement. It is recognition for their tireless hard work and going that extra mile to help raise the bar nationally.’
Wentbridge House Hotel, Restuarant & Brasserie