A look ahead to the 2015 Clitheroe Food Festival
- Credit: Archant
Clitheroe Food Festival returns this month for a foodie extravaganza
Thousands of people will descend on one of Lancashire’s top towns this month for the Clitheroe Food Festival. The event, which takes place on August 8th, is now in its fifth year. There will be chef demonstrations, the chance to sample delicious street food as well as the opportunity to try (and take home)the finest Lancashire produce. Live music is also on the menu along with cooking workshops for children at The Food Academy and activities and entertainment at Castle Field fair.
Tickets can be purchased for master classes and demonstrations by top professional chefs including Michael Heathcote and Victor Yu.
Three East Lancashire businesses marked the official launch of the festival. The Seafood Pub Company, Barnfield Construction and Thwaites joined forces to sponsor a garden party at Lord and Lady Clitheroe’s Downham Hall to mark the countdown to this year’s event.
More than 150 guests enjoyed a barbecue and seafood dishes prepared by the Seafood Pub Company, which runs the Assheton Arms in Downham.
The dishes were complemented by ales supplied by Blackburn brewer Thwaites while the branding at the event was sponsored by Barnfield Construction, who are currently erecting the steel frames for new stores in Clitheroe.
Guests helped to raise funds for the festival and learned more about the local food and drink producers who will be showcasing their products and the demonstrations which will be taking place.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 8 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 9 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 10 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
‘Clitheroe Food Festival is one of the highlights of our events calendar so it was great to be able to help this year’s festivities get off to such a good start,’ said Seafood Pub Company managing director Joycelyn Neve.
‘The festival brings together a wide range of Lancashire’s best food and drink producers and the atmosphere in the town centre is always fantastic.’ w
For further information on the festival visit www.clitheroefoodfestival.com.