A mini-guide to steam and transport events in Lancashire
- Credit: Archant
Lancashire is the northern powerhouse for steam and transport events
Morris Minor Show
A celebration of the iconic cars from the 1940s to the 1970s at the Museum of Transport, Boyle Street, Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
Volunteers will be running a variety of diesel locos from 10am to 5pm at the Ribble Steam Railway, Preston. (Also on Sep 30-Oct 1).
- 1 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 2 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 3 Saved: Football legend Peter Shilton and wife Steph talk about addiction and their home on Mersea Island
- 4 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 5 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Win a luxury break at the Raithwaite Sandsend Hotel
- 8 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 9 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 10 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
You’ll be chuffed as railway volunteers fire up at the Ribble Steam Railway. (Also Easter steam specials, April 14-17 and another steam gala on September 9-10).
Chipping Steam Fair
The annual event has been attracting classic vehicle fans, and raising money for charity, since it started in 1997.
Off-road vehicles will take centre stage at this year’s family motorshow which also features, music, food and entertainment. pendlepowerfest.com.
Slaidburn Steam and Vintage Vehicle Display
Vintage tractors, steam engines and classic motorbikes and cars are the stars of this show.
Scorton Steam Fair
The region’s biggest steam fair, with more than 600 vehicles. There will also be food, crafts and entertainment for all ages.
Fylde vintage and farm show, Kirkham
The eighth annual event with vintage farm machinery, steam vehicles, family entertainment and animal displays. fyldevintageandfarmshow.co.uk.
Fleetwood Festival of Transport
Locally known as Tram Sunday, crowds fill the streets to see all kinds of vehicles and enjoy free entertainment.
Great Eccleston Show
The Great Eccleston Show will host a vintage Tractor display and a Tractor Pulling competition on boths days over the weekend.
Cumbria Steam Gathering
The event was born in the early 1970s and now features steam vehicles of all shapes and sizes displayed by enthusiasts at Cark Airfield, Flookburgh.
Lytham Hall Classic Car and Motorcycle Show
The Grade One listed Lytham Hall provides an elegant backdrop for scores of cars, vans, motorcycles and more.
Southport Air Show
The only seaside air show where the planes take off and land on the sands.