A mini-guide to steam and transport events in Lancashire
- Credit: Archant
Lancashire is the northern powerhouse for steam and transport events
Morris Minor Show
A celebration of the iconic cars from the 1940s to the 1970s at the Museum of Transport, Boyle Street, Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
Volunteers will be running a variety of diesel locos from 10am to 5pm at the Ribble Steam Railway, Preston. (Also on Sep 30-Oct 1).
- 1 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 4 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 5 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 6 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 10 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
You’ll be chuffed as railway volunteers fire up at the Ribble Steam Railway. (Also Easter steam specials, April 14-17 and another steam gala on September 9-10).
Chipping Steam Fair
The annual event has been attracting classic vehicle fans, and raising money for charity, since it started in 1997.
Off-road vehicles will take centre stage at this year’s family motorshow which also features, music, food and entertainment. pendlepowerfest.com.
Slaidburn Steam and Vintage Vehicle Display
Vintage tractors, steam engines and classic motorbikes and cars are the stars of this show.
Scorton Steam Fair
The region’s biggest steam fair, with more than 600 vehicles. There will also be food, crafts and entertainment for all ages.
Fylde vintage and farm show, Kirkham
The eighth annual event with vintage farm machinery, steam vehicles, family entertainment and animal displays. fyldevintageandfarmshow.co.uk.
Fleetwood Festival of Transport
Locally known as Tram Sunday, crowds fill the streets to see all kinds of vehicles and enjoy free entertainment.
Great Eccleston Show
The Great Eccleston Show will host a vintage Tractor display and a Tractor Pulling competition on boths days over the weekend.
Cumbria Steam Gathering
The event was born in the early 1970s and now features steam vehicles of all shapes and sizes displayed by enthusiasts at Cark Airfield, Flookburgh.
Lytham Hall Classic Car and Motorcycle Show
The Grade One listed Lytham Hall provides an elegant backdrop for scores of cars, vans, motorcycles and more.
Southport Air Show
The only seaside air show where the planes take off and land on the sands.