BRIDE: THE WEDDING SHOW AT WESTPOINT EXETER
Bring the mothers of the bride and groom along to Bride: The Wedding Show at Westpoint Exeter from October 7-8 for inspirational styling and expert advice
Bride: The Wedding Show is set to return to Westpoint Exeter for its autumn edition, inspiring visitors from October 7-8.
As well as brides- and grooms-to-be, friends and family are also invited to attend the sensational event, which features 160 suppliers and a jam-packed programme of entertainment, including the spectacular catwalk show – considered the best in the business.
Taking to the stage will be the best in bridalwear, menswear and bridesmaids’ dresses, in addition to outfits for the mothers of the bride and groom from John Lewis.
Emily Lawson and Sue Bowring, personal stylists at John Lewis Exeter, will be dressing the models backstage during the event. They said: “A snippet of the brands we hope to bring include: Fenn Wright Mason which is a great favourite of ours for mother of the bride and also offers a petite range; Hobbs, always a classic; Phase Eight, perfect for wedding guests; Ted Baker, great for its signature bold prints; and Modern Rarity, exclusive to John Lewis.”
Mothers of the bride and groom can expect to see a selection of current trends and upcoming fashions paraded during the show. Emily and Sue continue: “In terms of trends for the AW17 wedding season, there are a lot of mid-length dresses with full skirts around at the moment. Darker hues, such as plums, are on-trend for this season. Sequins and velvet are ideal for a winter wedding. Waisted flowing chiffon dresses with a high neckline continue to be popular, and lace overlay dresses are always a favourite. Floral prints are still strong too.”
But where should mothers of the bride and groom start when selecting an outfit that is true to their style, but is also comfortable enough to wear for the whole wedding day? Emily and Sue share their top tips:
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
• Think of the type of wedding you’re going to and the venue
• Think about how you can change the outfit from the ceremony to reception
• Choose a comfortable pair of shoes, or take a second pair to change into that still go nicely with the outfit and match your bag
• Always make sure you’ve got the right underwear on because that can make a huge difference to the outfit on the surface
• If you don’t like hats, you can opt for a fascinator or hatinator.
During Bride: The Wedding Show, attendees can pay a visit to the John Lewis stand (521) where they can find details of outfits seen on the catwalk and learn more about John Lewis’s personal styling for the mothers and fathers of the bride and groom and gift list services. For further guidance, visitors are welcomed to the John Lewis store in Exeter, on Sidwell Street, or they can speak to the team on 01392 284150.
Bride: The Wedding Show is at Westpoint Exeter on October 7 and 8, 2017, from 10am-4pm. For more information, visit . Tickets are £5 per person or £15 for a group of four adults when booked in advance; under 16s go free. Life readers can book tickets for just £3 per person using the promotional code LIFDIG at checkout (direct link: ) . A booking fee applies. Tickets are £7.50 on the day.