Christmas activities at Clitheroe Market
- Credit: Archant
Clitheroe Market hosts a Christmas extravaganza on Saturday December 14
Father Christmas will make an appearance at the event, which will feature a hog roast, hot chestnut stall, mulled wine, cake raffle and live music from the Phil Knight Experience.
Clitheroe Market traders’ representative Stuart Gradwell said: “We invite people to get in the Christmas spirit and join us for what promises to be a great day, with a feast of festive fun, top seasonal produce and fabulous gifts all on offer.”
Clitheroe Market is also open for an extra day over the Christmas period: Monday, December 23, and as normal on Saturday, December 21, and Tuesday, December 24.
The market will be closed on Thursday, December 26, and there will be no collectors markets on Friday, December 20, and Friday, December 27. Normal business at the market will resume from Saturday, December 28.
Clitheroe has hosted a regular market since the Norman Conquest in the 12th Century.
Over 80 stalls now sell fruit and vegetables, bread and cakes, fish and meat, clothing and lingerie, pottery and craft items, curtains and fabrics, rugs and household textiles, flowers and electrical goods.
- 1 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
It is also home to a number of specialist food traders, including Ferguson’s Deli, which is featured on the Ribble Valley Food Trail, and legendary fruit and veg stall Burney’s.