Christmas Fair at Caerhays
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas Fair to be held at The Vean on the Caerhays estate will be more ambitious than ever before and promises to provide a true seasonal treat for visitors.
The fair – on Saturday 30 November – is organised by Cornwall Hospice Care (CHC) and raises money to provide care at St Julia’s in Hayle and Mount Edgcumbe in St Austell.
Gift stalls, great food and drink and entertainment are all part of the package, as is The Vean itself.
This stunning, restored former Georgian country house will be decked out with tree, decorations and lights, providing a colourful, traditional setting for the fair.
Stalls offering superb products ranging from jewellery and decorations to knitwear and works of art will fill the rooms.
Outside, a marquee will be full of tempting food and drink stalls providing sustenance on the day and plenty of ideas to take home for customers’ own Christmas celebrations.
Live entertainment will be provided by the Jacka Jazz Trio and Proper Job.
- 1 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 2 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 9 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 10 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
“Last year’s event was a great success with almost 300 people there on the day. There was a great range of stalls with Christmas ideas to suit every pocket and that is what we are aiming for again this year. Last year this one day event raised well in excess of £2,000 which was fantastic; it would be great to repeat or even better that this year,” said Clare Bray, CHC’s community fund raiser for Cornwall.
“Caerhays is the perfect Christmas setting and The Vean sets it all off. It’s a lovely sight for visitors on the day as they walk down the drive and the Vean is all lit up. Add to that the house being full of festive stalls, and local craft producers, the smell of mulled wine and delicious cooked food and it’s the perfect way to spend a Saturday!”
Caerhays marketing officer, Lucinda Rimmington, is looking forward to the fair. She said “It signifies the start of Christmas to me. The Vean really does lend itself to this kind of family occasion.
“We are happy to provide these facilities to CHC to help them raise funds for their vital work.”
The Vean is a five-star bed and breakfast venue which attracts guests from all parts of the country and from overseas.
The Xmas Fair opens on Saturday 30 November from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Entrance £3. Under 16’s free.