Fossil hunt in Weymouth - March 2015
- Credit: Archant
UKAFH (UK Amateur Fossil Hunters) are teaming up with the Jurassic Coast Trust to run a fossil hunt next Sunday 8 March, at Bowleaze Cove near Weymouth.
The cost is £8 per person, £10 per couple or £15 for a family of four, with half the proceeds being donated to the Trust. The hunt is being led by the UKAFH’s Steve Snowball, who is also a Jurassic Coast Trust Ambassador. Steve will ensure participants have a great day out and come back with some wonderful ?nds and memories of a rewarding experience.
At Bowleaze, there is the opportunity to explore Kimmeridge and Oxford Clay, plus Corallian rocks. These can yield fossilised bivalves, ammonites, and fish, along with larger marine reptiles such as plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs and crocodiles.
The event takes place on Sunday 8 March, starting at 10.30am and ?nishing at 3.00pm and is for adults and older children only.
To book, please visit UKAFH’s website to download an application and disclaimer form: www.ukafh.com/disclaimer-booking-form
• Events and things to do in Dorset - March 2015 - Helen Stiles rounds up her pick of events happening around the county this month.
• Things to do in Dorset this weekend - Great things to do in Dorset this weekend: art exhibitions, walks, concerts, theatre, places to visit and other events and ideas.
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 3 8 great family walks in the North West