Fun things to do in Dorset this half term
- Credit: Archant
Events, exhibitions and theatre to keep children entertained in Dorset in February half term
13 – 16 February
A swashbuckling panto of skulduggery on the high seas comes to The Exchange, Sturminster Newton.
Box office 01258 457137
HALF TERM FUN AT KING JOHN’S CASTLE
- 1 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Blue Flag Beaches in Kent 2021
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 10 Win a two-night stay for two at the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry
16 – 24 February
Budding knights and adventurous damsels can take part in the ‘Great Escape’ (teddy bear zip wire) and watch Corfe Castle’s medieval siege engine in action.
The award-winning Story Pocket Theatre brings David Baddiel’s comic story to the stage.
2pm, Lighthouse Poole 01202 280000
SHREK THE MUSICAL
20 – 23 February
All the fabulous characters from the original film feature in this award-winning adventure-filled musical.
BIC 0844 576 3000
ONCE UPON A PRINCESS
A glittering production of fairytale princesses, pop hits and musical classics, at 11am and 2pm.
Regent Centre, Christchurch, 01202 499199
GIANTS OF SCIENCE
Living Spit enlist the help of the smartest scientific sages from history in this raucous romp.
The Exchange, Sturminster Newton, 01258 475137
THE DRUMMERS OF JAPAN
The Yamato drummers’ thrill with Japanese taiko and music.
Lighthouse Poole 01202 280000