Fun things to do in Dorset this half term
- Credit: Archant
Events, exhibitions and theatre to keep children entertained in Dorset in February half term
13 – 16 February
A swashbuckling panto of skulduggery on the high seas comes to The Exchange, Sturminster Newton.
Box office 01258 457137
HALF TERM FUN AT KING JOHN’S CASTLE
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
16 – 24 February
Budding knights and adventurous damsels can take part in the ‘Great Escape’ (teddy bear zip wire) and watch Corfe Castle’s medieval siege engine in action.
The award-winning Story Pocket Theatre brings David Baddiel’s comic story to the stage.
2pm, Lighthouse Poole 01202 280000
SHREK THE MUSICAL
20 – 23 February
All the fabulous characters from the original film feature in this award-winning adventure-filled musical.
BIC 0844 576 3000
ONCE UPON A PRINCESS
A glittering production of fairytale princesses, pop hits and musical classics, at 11am and 2pm.
Regent Centre, Christchurch, 01202 499199
GIANTS OF SCIENCE
Living Spit enlist the help of the smartest scientific sages from history in this raucous romp.
The Exchange, Sturminster Newton, 01258 475137
THE DRUMMERS OF JAPAN
The Yamato drummers’ thrill with Japanese taiko and music.
Lighthouse Poole 01202 280000