Lancashire Life Wedding Gallery September 2013
- Credit: Archant
Lancashire Life celebrates your special day with pictures from the weddings across the red rose county.
For readers in the dark about the term Steampunk, it is ‘a creative social movement that draws inspiration from Victorian and pre-war history in an anachronistic mix of science fiction, modern values and a sense of fun.’ Now you know.
This was the unusual theme chosen by two devotees of the movement, Amanda Jolly and Jason Seddon, for a wedding celebration staged in the spectacular surroundings of Gorton Monastery, a restored architectural masterpiece in Manchester, where they both live.
All the guests entered into the spirit of the Steampunk theme wearing their most fabulous attire - including hats, bustles, corsets and cogs. The bride wore a sumptuous dark red taffetta complete with bustle and the Registrar was forced to admit he felt under-dressed in his suit.
Jason, from the Blackpool and Thornton Cleveleys areas, and Yorkshire lass Amanda met 22 years ago at Manchester University, where they both work.
This is a free service to readers of Lancashire Life. If you have a family wedding and you would like it to appear in Lancashire Life email the picture and details to email@example.com
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way