Lancashire Life Wedding Gallery September 2013
- Credit: Archant
Lancashire Life celebrates your special day with pictures from the weddings across the red rose county.
For readers in the dark about the term Steampunk, it is ‘a creative social movement that draws inspiration from Victorian and pre-war history in an anachronistic mix of science fiction, modern values and a sense of fun.’ Now you know.
This was the unusual theme chosen by two devotees of the movement, Amanda Jolly and Jason Seddon, for a wedding celebration staged in the spectacular surroundings of Gorton Monastery, a restored architectural masterpiece in Manchester, where they both live.
All the guests entered into the spirit of the Steampunk theme wearing their most fabulous attire - including hats, bustles, corsets and cogs. The bride wore a sumptuous dark red taffetta complete with bustle and the Registrar was forced to admit he felt under-dressed in his suit.
Jason, from the Blackpool and Thornton Cleveleys areas, and Yorkshire lass Amanda met 22 years ago at Manchester University, where they both work.
This is a free service to readers of Lancashire Life. If you have a family wedding and you would like it to appear in Lancashire Life email the picture and details to email@example.com
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 8 great family walks in the North West
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit