Megan’s Army Challenge raises funds for Alder Hey
- Credit: Archant
There was an air of mystery at the Leyland Hotel as guests arrived for a masquerade ball as the final event in Megan’s Army Challenge.
The challenge was to raise £10,000 in 12 months for Alder Hey Children's Hospital in Liverpool. The event was organised by Fiona Fish, whose daughter Megan
has had a number of health issues due to heart problems, and wanted to fundraise for the hospital which has taken good care of Megan. The last 12 months has
seen Megan's Army taking part in bag packs, abseils, a half marathon, car boot sales, social evenings, and quiz nights in order to reach the target with the masked
ball helping them to surpass their target.
Guests enjoyed an evening of dinner and dancing with entertainment in the form of the Funky Monks band.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West