Olive Tree Brasserie Preston opening night
- Credit: Archant
One of the Fylde’s most successful restaurants opens a new venue in Preston
Preston’s Miller Arcade is the home of a stunning new restaurant serving traditional Greek dishes and classics with a modern twist from a dramatic open kitchen setting.
Rustic charm meets industrial cutting edge with the Olive Tree Brasserie, opened by the Wilson family who have built up a highly enthusiastic following with their Olive Tree base in Wood Street, St Annes.
The opening night in Preston was marked by famous faces in the shape brothers Ryan and Adam Thomas, who cut a ribbon to open the brasserie. Ryan plays Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street while Adam plays Adam Barton in Emmerdale.
The mayor and mayoress of Preston, Nick and Barbara Pomfret, were also among the guests.
Director Dean Wilson said: ‘I’ve had to change the St Annes restaurant over the years to get it where I wanted and, because that has been such a success, I knew exactly how I wanted the new brasserie to look. I’m over the moon with it.’
Everything is made in-house with two char-grills for souvlaki specialties. ‘I believe Preston has a lot to offer as a city,’ added Dean. ‘I feel there is a lot of potential for establishments like ours.’
- 1 Win a stylish, hand-crafted rug by Best Wool worth up to £1,000
- 2 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 3 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 4 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 19 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 8 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 9 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
Guests were given a taste of things to come with keftedes, Greek salad skewers, ouzo cured salmon, spankopita, halloumi, loukaniko, lime chilli houmous and baklava. ‘We got some fantastic feedback on the food,’ said Dean.
Olive Tree Brasserie
Unit 5 & 6 Miller Arcade