Rossendale Hospice 30 year celebrations and fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A day celebrating 30 years of Hospice Care raised a magnificent £18,730.
Around 160 ladies supported Rossendale Hospice by attending their 18th luncheon at Nino’s Restaurant in Rawtenstall.
The committee is a group of fantastic volunteers who dedicate their time to this event and the annual ball.
The festivities got off to a thought provoking yet humorous start with a talk by Brenda Bottomley, an ex-patient and current Rossendale Woman of the Year along with her sister Denise. She spoke about her time at the Hospice and how she continues to see the friends she made there.
Guests were entertained by ‘Dax on Sax’ and Joe Casserley, was the host.
Sam Morris, fundraising manager, said they were overwhelmed by the generosity of the Valley people and beyond. Committee with their fundraising. ‘Raising £18,730 in just four hours is phenomenal. The hard work that the SEC put into this event and the ball is greatly appreciated by everyone at the Hospice especially the patients,’ he said.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn