Five things to do in Norfolk on New Year's Day
- Credit: Archant
As the new year draws close, we've found the best places to spend the first day of 2022.
Cromer New Year’s Day fireworks are back! See the spectacular show explode over the pier and seafront at 5pm.
The first horse racing of the year is at Fakenham Racecourse on January 1.
Start the year by helping the planet. Join the Norfolk Wildlife Trust beach clean at Cley from 10.30am-12. Free, booking essential. Or enjoy a New Year’s Day wander around Cley and Salthouse Marshes with the Norfolk Wildlife Trust from 10.30am to 1pm. Booking essential.
A New Year’s Day concert by Norwich Cathedral organist David Dunnett will include a selection of popular and festive organ music, starting at 11am on January 1.
Children will love Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail in the parkland at Felbrigg Hall until January 3. Join Percy and his animal friends and give nature a helping hand.
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 3 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 4 5 of the best sustainable places to eat in Yorkshire
- 5 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 6 3 pretty walks with farmer's markets in Derbyshire
- 7 The Kent woman who turned her passion into a 1940s living museum
- 8 How to find out about your seafearing Dorset ancestors
- 9 Amazing Devon events in the second half of 2022
- 10 Is this the cosiest pub in Essex?