Tom Clements - Maria Greenwood’s musician of the month
- Credit: Archant
In 2011 Dorset singer songwriter Tom Clements made a life changing decision. He decided to quit his day job and follow his true passion in life - music.
And he hasn’t done too badly at it. Since then the talented musician has played more than 500 gigs, released two EP’s and a debut album.
Tom, who says his influences include Mark Knopfler, Lindsay Buckingham and Paul Weller, also reached the quarter finals of the Dorset Music Awards in 2012.
Last year he was chosen to open a show for local guitar legend and former member of The Pretenders, Robbie McIntosh, who’s also toured with Paul McCartney. Tom’s new EP Live at The David Hall is out now, and available on iTunes and Amazon.
• The Skimmity Hitchers - Maria Greenwood’s band of the month - Maria Greenwood presents Unplugged, a celebration of Dorset’s live music scene on Wessex FM (96-97.2FM) every Sunday evening from 5pm - 7pm.
• The Mutter Slater Band - Maria Greenwood’s band of the month - Mutter Slater was the frontman and flute player for the cult 70’s band Stackridge, produced by George Martin and signed by Elton John.
- 1 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 The best walks in Dorset to see the autumn leaves
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 9 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon