Whiteacre School reunion raises funds for Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
Former pupils from a Lancashire boarding school travelled from around the world for a reunion
Eighteen months of hard work by organisers Beverley Hargreaves and Belinda Helme paid off when old girls from a Lancashire boarding school travelled from around the world for a reunion.
They had all been pupils at Whiteacre School near Whalley, which was running for around 20 years before closing in 1980.
More than 100 ex-pupils, who reverted to the names they had at school, gathered at the Foxfields Country Hotel in Billington to rekindle friendships and swap memories over a celebration dinner.
They even managed to find the old school bell, which had been recovered from a sunken ship just off Liverpool.
The ladies, who travelled from USA, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Spain and Bulgaria, also raised £335 for Cancer Research.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit