Win an annual family membership to WWT Martin Mere
- Credit: Archant
Winter is a fantastic time to visit the nature reserve and animal collection. Many thousands of wild ducks, geese and Whooper swans are drawn to the internationally-rated wetlands, offering spectacular displays of feather and flight with an award winning experience called Swan Spectacular. Everyday the swans are fed at 3pm from Swan Link Hide and 3.30pm from Raines Observatory including a wardens talk.
Winter is also a great time for families to visit with daily otter feeds, weekend crafts, trails to follow, den building, an adventure play area, story time on a Thursday and a different theme every school holiday.
Win your chance to come along to Martin Mere to witness the wildlife spectacles and take part in fun activities.
The first prize is an annual family membership for two adults and up to six children. The membership will run from March 2015 – February 2016 to obtain free entry all year. There are also 3 runner up prizes for a family day out at the centre. The tickets will have a 6 month expiry on them which means you can do the following at Martin Mere:
Witness the spectacle that is the Whooper swan feeds everyday at 3pm and 3.30pm up until the end of March
Take part in our GIANT duck hunt for the Easter holidays from 28 March – 19 April
Paint a duck during Easter holiday and bring it back to take part in a plastic duck race on 19 April
- 1 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 2 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 3 3 walks for foodies in Derbyshire
- 4 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 5 The Hairy Bikers Go North to the Peak District
- 6 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 7 10 best Kent restaurants to visit in 2022
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest near the Peak District
- 9 Things you may not know about Sarah Beeny's New Life In The Country
- 10 22 places in England to visit in 2022
Glide along the water and get close to nature in our canoe and boat safaris that reopen on 28 March
Visit our Award winning Downy Duckling experience in May half term
Become a nature explorer over the summer holidays – get your passport stamped to get your certificate and become an official Martin Mere explorer
What type of swan does Martin Mere welcome over the autumn and winter?
a) Bewick swan
b) Mute swan
c) Whooper swan
Martin mere Wetland Centre, Fish Lane, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 0TA
The Competition closes on 27/02/2015
Submit your answer in the box below.