Yorkshire’s Hotel of the Year announces 2015 spa development
- Credit: Archant
The Coniston Hotel, voted Yorkshire’s “Large Hotel of the Year” by Welcome to Yorkshire in the current White Rose Awards, has today announced the development of a state of the art Spa, which will be opened this Autumn.
The 16.5m2 development will be located adjacent to the Hotel with peaceful views over the 24-acre lake and far-reaching views of the wider Yorkshire Dales countryside.
Creating at least 30 new jobs for the local market, the new Spa’s facilities will include a 15m swimming pool, thermal suite, gym, dance studio, spa treatments, relaxation and dining areas, and an outdoor spa pool and terrace.
The Coniston Spa will be open to hotel guests and day visitors from the local area, and will offer an exclusive club membership limited to a set number of members. Memberships will go on sale this summer.
Mark Green of Yorkshire-based Curveline Design and leading spa consultant Nicki Kurran, who has previously worked with Champneys and The Dorchester, are working with the project team to deliver the spa, which is due to open late Autumn 2015. East Lancashire-based Barnfield Construction has been appointed main contractor to deliver the build, which is officially starting on Monday 19th January, and Yorkshire Bank is backing the project.
Michael Bannister, Chairman of The Coniston Hotel, says: “I’m absolutely delighted to be able to make this announcement right at the beginning of the New Year. It’s going to be an exciting 2015 for all involved in the development of the spa, and we’re expecting that before the end of the year we will have created a fantastic new facility for thousands of hotel guests and local residents, and one which will not only create 30 new jobs but will bring more visitors to this part of the Dales for years to come”.
The Coniston Hotel & Country Estate
- 1 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 9 of the best places for coffee across Cornwall
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 At home in the Cotswolds with Simon McCoy
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 23 places to find the best views in Devon
- 8 Lancashire and the Lake District dominate the 2021 National Food Awards top 100 listings
- 9 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 10 Theatre review: Bat Out of Hell The Musical
Coniston Cold, Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Tel. + 44 (0) 1756 748080
Email – email@example.com