Yorkshire photography - Liza Dracup
- Credit: Archant
We have showcased Liza Dracup and her photography in the Yorkshire Life Gallery before and have admired her work for a long time. This month we showcase a range of photographs we think are very special.
Liza is best known for her series of large scale colour landscape photographs, from her exhibitions Sharpe’s Wood (2007) a commission by Impressions Gallery, Bradford and Chasing the Gloaming (2011) commissioned by The Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate.
She is a graduate of Napier University, Edinburgh with a BA in Photographic Studies and De Montfort University, Leicester, with a MA in Photography. She continues to make work that broadens her photography in both a creative and academic context, as she is both an artist and lecturer.
Liza researches and produces work around the theme of the British landscape - a photographic re-analysis of the beautiful and the sublime. Her new exhibition is called Re: Collections and is a creative response to the Natural Sciences Collections held at Bradford Museums and Galleries. With this exhibition she invites us to study and observe what is too easily concealed or passed-by in British wildlife.
She uses photography to re-awaken, she says, the creatures she has chosen in what she describes as animated stillness against a black background motif reminiscent of certain Dutch and Flemish still life paintings.
Liza Dracup RE: COLLECTIONS runs from December 14th – March 2nd 2014 at The Manor House, Castle Yard, Ilkley, West Yorkshire LS29 9DT 01943 600066
Find out more at lizadracup.com
- 1 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 2 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 5 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 6 7 villages you might not have heard of in Surrey
- 7 10 pubs with pretty beer gardens in Canterbury
- 8 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 9 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly