8 seaside restaurants with outdoor dining in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
As the world starts to open up again, Yorkshire leads the way with its al fresco dining options. We round up some of the best open across the coast.
Always a popular choice, Sandside Café, overlooking Sandsend beach, has combined their existing glass canopy with four large parasols to ensure the outside area is completely covered from the elements.
With a lovely little outdoor space overlooking the square and train station in Saltburn, Signals is providing bocadillos and good coffee to those who don’t fancy their seaside fish and chips.
Charlotte’s of Filey, Filey
With newly created outdoor spaces for al fresco dining from the Bronte Vinery, Charlotte’s of Filey is excited to get people back.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 8 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
- 9 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 10 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
The Marine Hotel, Whitby
Good things come in small packages and this is definitely the case at the al fresco tables here – but they are perfect for those wanting a romantic meal for two.
The Star Inn The Harbour, Whitby
Andrew Pern’s seaside destination. With outdoor dining space to the front and side overlooking the harbour, it’s not just the food here that will have you beaming from ear to ear.
The Ship Inn, Sewerby
Want to get the family out for a meal but don’t want to sit indoors with too many people? The Ship Inn on the east coast has a great space for children, as well as brilliant sea views.
The Plough, Scarborough
Strongly encouraging people to book in advance in order to combat overcrowding, The Plough is ready to welcome people back to their fabulous garden space.
Thieving Harry’s, Hull Marina
This unique outdoor space has a real rustic vibe and is very down-to-earth. They’ve opened an extended outdoor seating area – they won’t be taking bookings but each table will have a strict capacity.