8 seaside restaurants with outdoor dining in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
As the world starts to open up again, Yorkshire leads the way with its al fresco dining options. We round up some of the best open across the coast.
Always a popular choice, Sandside Café, overlooking Sandsend beach, has combined their existing glass canopy with four large parasols to ensure the outside area is completely covered from the elements.
With a lovely little outdoor space overlooking the square and train station in Saltburn, Signals is providing bocadillos and good coffee to those who don’t fancy their seaside fish and chips.
Charlotte’s of Filey, Filey
With newly created outdoor spaces for al fresco dining from the Bronte Vinery, Charlotte’s of Filey is excited to get people back.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 7 Alport Castles - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
The Marine Hotel, Whitby
Good things come in small packages and this is definitely the case at the al fresco tables here – but they are perfect for those wanting a romantic meal for two.
The Star Inn The Harbour, Whitby
Andrew Pern’s seaside destination. With outdoor dining space to the front and side overlooking the harbour, it’s not just the food here that will have you beaming from ear to ear.
The Ship Inn, Sewerby
Want to get the family out for a meal but don’t want to sit indoors with too many people? The Ship Inn on the east coast has a great space for children, as well as brilliant sea views.
The Plough, Scarborough
Strongly encouraging people to book in advance in order to combat overcrowding, The Plough is ready to welcome people back to their fabulous garden space.
Thieving Harry’s, Hull Marina
This unique outdoor space has a real rustic vibe and is very down-to-earth. They’ve opened an extended outdoor seating area – they won’t be taking bookings but each table will have a strict capacity.