5 wild events to enjoy in Dorset - Easter 2016
- Credit: Archant
Budding naturalists have lots of special egg hunts to take part in this month
25 March - Great Chesil Beach Eggcase Hunt
Find out what a mermaid keeps in her purse as you search for shark and ray eggcases on the shoreline, you may even find an Easter egg. Meet at Chesil Beach Centre.
Cost £2. Runs 10am - 12,30pm | The Fine Foundation Chesil Beach Centre
25 – 28 March - Lorton Meadows Eggsplorers Trail
Collect a trail guide from the Conservation Centre at Lorton Meadows, Upwey, hunt for clues around the reserve about the local wildlife, solve a mystery and claim your edible prize!
Cost £2; 10.30am - 4pm
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 8 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 9 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
28 March - Wildlife Trackers – Who Ate All the Eggs?
Can you solve the mystery of the missing eggs? Investigate the crime scene, looking at animal tracks and signs, and you will be rewarded with some eggs of your own!
Runs 11am- 12.30pm. Costs £2 | Meet at the Chesil Beach Centre
30 March - Seashore Scavengers
Walk along Chesil Beach hunting for rare pink sea fans, shark eggcases and other treasures blown in from the Atlantic.
Runs 11am - 12.30pm. Cost £2 | Meet at the Chesil Beach Centre
31 March - Aren’t Bees Brilliant!
This family event at Durlston Country Park near Swanage features games and activities with a bee theme to show how useful the striped furry insects really are.
Starts 2pm. Cost £3 | 01929 424443
• 6 spring gardens to visit in Dorset - March 2016 - Show-stopping displays of hellebore, daffodils, aquilegia and anemones all feature at these NGS gardens in Dorset, as well as a few Easter eggs!