Exclusive Chefs’ Academy present an afternoon tea at Winchester Cathedral
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Exclusive Chefs’ Academy and Lainston House are hosting a special afternoon tea at Winchester Cathedral on Wednesday 29 April with proceeds from the event, supported by Twining’s Tea and Nyetimber, going to Naomi House & Jacksplace, hospices for children and young adults.
Guests will arrive at The Refectory Garden Marquee at Winchester Cathedral at 2pm for a glass of Nyetimber sparkling wine before being seated at 2:30pm for afternoon tea. There will be a delicious selection of sandwiches and mouth-watering cakes to devour which have been prepared by students of the Exclusive Chefs’ Academy and of course, plenty of Twining’s tea to go with it.
The event is part of the pastry module of the Exclusive Chefs’ Academy two year career development programme which has been created to increase opportunities for chefs within the Exclusive Hotels and Venues group as well as attract and secure the best home-grown talent across the Exclusive estate. The brainchild of Exclusive’s Executive Chef Andy MacKenzie, the programme offers a wide range of culinary experiences and opportunities in the catering and hospitality worlds drawing on the vast experience of Exclusive’s stable of award-winning chefs. The Academy is developing the aspiring chefs of the future, turning talented chefs into exceptional chefs. Students from Highbury College and South Downs College are also supporting the event and will manage the front of house.
The Dean of Winchester Cathedral and the Chief Operating Officer of Naomi House will speak at the event and there will also be a fundraising raffle. Prizes include preview tickets to the Flower Festival at Winchester Cathedral and goodies from the Exclusive Hotels and Venues Group.
Tickets are £25 per person plus a small booking charge.
To book tickets for this very special afternoon tea guests should visit the Winchester Cathedral website, call the box office on 01962 857275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 8 great family walks in the North West
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 An illustrated guide to the ‘prettiest village in England’
• 12 tea rooms in Hampshire - Details for a visit to one of these fantastic tea rooms in Hampshire.