In pictures: Autumn in Dorset
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Our county is glorious all year round, but we think it looks particularly special as the leaves go golden and the first frosty mornings appear. Here are some stunning scenes captured by talented local photographers…
Waterfall at Little Bredy, taken by Noel Wittin
"I took this shot in November 2016 in Little Bredy Gardens. I like the tree that overhangs the waterfall, and if you catch it, it's full of colour. The gardens are so peaceful."
Moor Crichel in the autumn sunset light, taken by Jenifer Bausili Lopez
"I took this picture on a chilly October evening at Moor Crichel, Dorset. It was my first visit there and it took me a little while to get the right shot with the fading light and intermittent traffic. What I like most about this picture are the shadows cast by the trees and the road itself that creates depth. This combined with the autumn colours results in a beautiful shot."
Corfe Caste meets an ocean of mist, taken by Rachel Ciantar
"This late autumnal morning saw one of the first frosts of the year, with a rolling mist across Corfe valley. An ocean of mist came speeding by and dissipated as fast as it had arrived. The texture and sudden appearance of this low lying cloud resembled an ocean wave that crashed upon the towering castle remains, all in the space of fifteen minutes. When I made my descent from West Hill, the frost and mist had all gone, leaving my photograph as the only testimony of a Corfe magic moment in time."
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 4 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 8 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 9 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
Dawn at Durley Chine Beach, taken by Adam Cowdrill
"This was taken at Durley Chine Beach, Bournemouth, on 14th September 2019 at dawn/pre-sunrise. I like to start the day off by watching the sunrise, and I always cycle past these three little boats and I thought they'd look great with the colourful pre-sunrise colours in the background. I like the light reflecting on to the beach huts and the lifeguard hut the most."