Gloucester's Jubilee pies
Gloucester Folk Museum Tea Rooms have been very busy creating not one, but two very special pies for this month's Jubilee celebrations...
Gloucester’s Jubilee pies
While the Jubilee Lamprey Pie is being made by the team at the Folk Museum Tea Rooms ready to present to His Royal Highness, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Her Royal Highness Sophie, Countess of Wessex, later in June, Gloucester Museums have also been making a second Jubilee pie…
The Jubilee Wishes Pie has been made by museums staff and is a replica of the traditional Lamprey Pie. However, instead of filling this pie with lampreys, it will be filled with best wishes to the Queen from the people of Gloucester.
Taking pride of place at the City Museum’s Village Fete event on Saturday, June 2 and then going to the Party in the Park at Gloucester Park on Monday, June 4 and Tuesday, June 5, Gloucester residents will be able to write their messages and put them straight in the pie.
The pie will remain on display at the City Museum until Gloucester Day on Saturday, September 1 where it will be carried around the streets at the front of the parade and then handed over to Dame Janet Trotter, Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire, who will take it to Buckingham palace for the Queen.
Gloucester Folk Museum, 99-103 Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2PG, tel: 01452 396280, www.gloucestermuseums.co.uk
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 6 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try