Gloucester's Jubilee pies
Gloucester Folk Museum Tea Rooms have been very busy creating not one, but two very special pies for this month's Jubilee celebrations...
Gloucester’s Jubilee pies
While the Jubilee Lamprey Pie is being made by the team at the Folk Museum Tea Rooms ready to present to His Royal Highness, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, and Her Royal Highness Sophie, Countess of Wessex, later in June, Gloucester Museums have also been making a second Jubilee pie…
The Jubilee Wishes Pie has been made by museums staff and is a replica of the traditional Lamprey Pie. However, instead of filling this pie with lampreys, it will be filled with best wishes to the Queen from the people of Gloucester.
Taking pride of place at the City Museum’s Village Fete event on Saturday, June 2 and then going to the Party in the Park at Gloucester Park on Monday, June 4 and Tuesday, June 5, Gloucester residents will be able to write their messages and put them straight in the pie.
The pie will remain on display at the City Museum until Gloucester Day on Saturday, September 1 where it will be carried around the streets at the front of the parade and then handed over to Dame Janet Trotter, Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire, who will take it to Buckingham palace for the Queen.
Gloucester Folk Museum, 99-103 Westgate Street, Gloucester, GL1 2PG, tel: 01452 396280, www.gloucestermuseums.co.uk
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
- 10 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea