Leading Thames Valley and London law firms merge
Leading London and South East law firms, Penningtons Solicitors LLP and Manches LLP, have joined forces to become one of the dominant legal players in the region.
The deal sees all 265 Manches employees, including 46 partners, move to Penningtons, which will operate under the name of Penningtons Manches LLP.
Chief executive, David Raine, commented: “This agreement fits both firms’ strategic aims and responds to the ever-changing legal environment in which we now operate. The synergy between Penningtons and Manches was evident early on in our discussions and by joining together we will be able to offer an enhanced level of expertise to all our clients. The strong reputation and combined experience of our people will enable us to maximise our potential in our core practice areas and in the key sectors in which we operate.”
With a combined turnover of £58 million, together with 115 partners and over 600 staff, Penningtons Manches is now represented in seven locations - London, Basingstoke, Cambridge, Godalming, Guildford, Oxford and Reading. The agreement integrates Penningtons’ well-respected private client team with Manches’ market-leading family practice. It also reinforces sector capabilities, particularly in technology, life sciences, education, banking and private wealth, where both firms have significant track records.
This move follows a period of sustained growth for Penningtons over the last five years. In 2011 it merged with Dawsons and Wedlake Saint, both City practices, as well as opening offices in Cambridge and Guildford in Spring 2012. Manches moved to its new office in Apex Plaza in Reading at the start of 2013, reflecting its continued expansion in the Thames Valley.
Richard Smith, previously Managing Partner of Manches’ Thames Valley practice, added: “Our two practices have recognised credentials, providing high calibre advice to UK and international clients.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 3 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Fossil hunting in Essex: Where to find shark teeth
- 7 10 great hill walks in Cheshire
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds