Lancashire Life Reader Photos - April 2014
- Credit: Archant
Send in your entry for the Lancashire Life photography competition in association with Wilkinson Cameras
Scores of brilliant pictures have been entered to our super annual photographic competition and the early indications are that the standard is going to be very high once again. Our annual search for the county’s best amateur photographers has caught the imagination of snappers young and old who have been out around Lancashire in all weathers.
Since this year’s competition was launched last month readers have been uploading their best shots of the county to our website and picture editor John Cocks is impressed by the quality of the entries he’s seen so far.
‘The competition has only been open for a few weeks and already there have been some pictures which will surely be in the reckoning when we come to make a decision later in the year,’ he said.
‘It really does get harder each year to choose three winners and the signs are that this year will be no exception.’
The closing date for entries is Friday September 19 and John will be joined on the judging panel by editor Roger Borrell and David Parkinson from Wilkinson’s Cameras who are once again sponsoring the competition and providing top-of-the-range camera equipment for our winners.
The camera champions
- 1 Slade star's wife gets two-book deal – without trading on her famous name
- 2 The life and death of Manchester Arena bombing victim Martyn Hett
- 3 Cotswold designers win big at Chelsea Flower Show in 2022
- 4 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 6 Win a Stay at The Merchant's Yard, Tideswell in the Peak District
- 7 10 Yorkshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 22 fab half term and Jubilee activities in Devon
- 9 10 Derbyshire events celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Noddy Holder's wife: my guide to being married to a rock star
Wilkinson Cameras have nine stores offering a huge choice of photographic and optical equipment to suit all levels supported by interested and enthusiastic staff who are always happy to help.
Wilkinson Camera stores are at: Preston, 27 Friargate Walk, St George’s Centre 01772 556250; Burnley, 95 St James’s Street 01282 424524, Bury, 61 The Rock, 0161 764 3402; Blackburn, 42 Northgate, 01254 581272; Kendal, Unit 19a, the Westmorland Centre, Stricklandgate, 01539 735055; Carlisle, 13 Grapes Lane, The Lanes Centre, 01228 538583; Lancaster, 6 James Street, 01524 380510; Southport, 38 Eastbank Street, 01704 534534; Warrington, 10 The Mall, Golden Square Shopping Centre, 01925 638290.
Call 01772 252188 or go online to wilkinson.co.uk
How to enter
The Lancashire Life competition is only open to non-professionals and we’ve made it even easier to enter.
Simply go online to lancashirelife.co.uk and click on the ‘Upload a Photo’ tab to be in with a chance of winning great camera equipment.
You will be asked to register, which is free and this also allows you to comment on articles and photographs on the site and to take advantage of special offers.