The Spinning Block opens at Holmes Mill in Clitheroe
- Credit: Archant
The latest phase of the £10 million Holmes Mill project in Clitheroe is now open for business
The remarkable transformation of a virtually derelict Lancashire mill is close to completion with the opening of a new hotel, bistro, bar and grill.
The first 16 of the 38 bedrooms at The Spinning Block are now open for business at Holmes Mill in Clitheroe. The £10 million redevelopment, which has retained a host of original mill features, means the Ribble Valley now has another top class hotel.
The driving force behind the scheme is the James’ Places group, which is led by entrepreneur James Warburton, who was named Food Hero in the Lancashire Life Food & Drink Awards. The company has a portfolio of individual properties in landmark locations such as Mitton Hall, Eaves Hall at The Emporium in Clitheroe.
The mill complex also houses the group’s head office plus its Bowland Brewery and the striking Beer Hall, featuring the longest bar in Britain. Also on site is the Bowland Food Hall, which is a huge market place showcasing the region’s produce.
Heidi Kettle, of James’ Places, said they expected the hotel to be fully open by Easter. ‘We have already seen a high number of enquiries from a range of potential customers, including bridal parties and wedding guests attending ceremonies and celebrations at Holmes Mill,’ she said.
‘The mill is fast becoming a very popular wedding venue and the hotel means couples can now base everything for their big day around the site.’
The hotel follows the tone of the rest of the complex with stylish and imaginative design that remains sympathetic to the building’s heritage. Its interior décor is described as ‘opulent industrial’ with a distinctive art nouveau style.
The Spinning Block will open from Thursday to Saturday from January 4 until Easter. During this phase the first 16 bedrooms plus the bar, bistro and grill will be open.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 2 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 11 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 5 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 10 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween