6 of the best August walks in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
We looked through our archives to see what we recommended to you in previous years during August. NOTE: Safeguarding against the coronavirus is likley to be a part of everyday life for the forseeable future. We advise that two metres social distancing and checking the latest guidelines are the best course of action.
Staithes to Port Mulgrave
August 2019 issue
While many head to the popular resorts of Scarborough and Whitby for the summer trips, Staithes remains one of Yorkshire’s hidden gems.
August 2018 issue
Heading out from the popular village of Arncliffe, we follow ancient trackways to explore the beautiful Littondale valley.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 4 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 REVIEW: The Pickled Sprout, Harrogate
- 7 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 10 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
August 2017 issue
For this walk, we head the picturesque village of Rosedale Abbey in the North York Moors, a tranquil reatreat which belies its industrial past.
August 2016 issue
Another hidden gem on the Yorkshire coast, this time we head to the south east corner of Yorkshire near Hornsea for an inland walk.
August 2015 issue
The hotspots of Malham and Grassington will be busy in August, so we suggest you head to a spot of the dales that lies in between the two.
August 2014 issue
Many people will head to Penhill and navigate themselves towards the summit, but suggest you avoid this and travel towards Penhill Beacon, as the name suggests, it’s a superb vanatage point,
All the routes were correct at the time of publication, over time access to certain parts of the walk may be subject to change. We advise you acquire a recent OS map of the area you plan to visit and assure there are no major changes.