A foodie feast at the Flavours Food Fest
- Credit: Archant
A must-do on any foodie’s calendar, Flavours Food Fest is a feast for the senses. Not only does it offer mouthwatering delights from the region’s best local suppliers, visitors can also enjoy demonstrations from top chefs, beer, Prosecco and gin, live music, and a vintage and trinket market
Nestled in the beautiful South Yorkshire countryside, in the unique setting of a historic village, the two day festival is a celebration of high quality Yorkshire fair. Alongside the opportunity to buy produce from the region’s top talent, there is also the opportunity to sample delicious delights to suit all tastes.
And the fun doesn’t stop there….. The second day of the festival will see the arrival of TV celebrity baker and chef, Nadiya Hussain. The ‘Great British Bake Off’ champion will be cooking up a storm at her live demonstrations. At the performances she will create a selection of her very own creative recipes, similar to those seen on her current television programme ‘Nadiya’s British Food Adventure’.
Over the weekend visitors will also be treated demonstrations from Chris Hale a recent MasterChef 2016 quarterfinalist. Chris has made a splash in the cooking world with his innovative cooking from Indian sushi to chocolate soil. Also making an appearance will be larger than life Barrington Douglas, who will be demonstrating his award winning style of Caribbean cooking. Barrington, owner of the Discovery Bay restaurant in Huddersfield and now creator of his own range of foods, has worked alongside some of Britain’s top chef’s which include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White.
The festival will continue into the evening with live music and an array of street food and alcohol vendors.
Opening times are 10am-9pm on Saturday, 14 October and 10am-5pm on Sunday 15 October
For those with an interest in anything food related then Flavours Food Fest is an unmissable event!
Tickets for the festival can be purchased through Eventbrite.
- 1 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 2 16 films that you might not know were made in Devon
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 6 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 9 7 of the best places to eat al fresco in York
- 10 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey