The 25th anniversary Yorkshire Young Achievers Awards, Leeds United Centenary Pavilion, Leeds
- Credit: Archant
The awards mark the achievements of young people in Yorkshire
England manager Gareth Southgate, actress Gaynor Faye and soldiers from the Yorkshire Regiment were amongst 400 guests at the 25th anniversary Yorkshire Young Achievers Awards at Leeds United Centenary Pavilion, Leeds.
Halifax soprano Lizzie Jones was named Personality of the Year for her tireless campaigning and fundraising for better heart care for sportspeople after the tragic death of her Welsh International Rugby League player husband, Danny, on the pitch.
The awards, sponsored by McCormicks Solicitors of Harrogate, mark the achievements of young people in eight categories, from the arts to sport, and are organised by the Yorkshire Young Achievers Foundation which has now raised more than £1.2million to support young people in Yorkshire.
As well as Gaynor Faye, previous winners among the guests included Kelvin Fletcher, Bailey Matthews and last year’s Youngster of the Year, Lucy Sherman, who sang at the opening reception.
Chairman of the awards, Peter McCormick OBE, said: ‘Once again we had some wonderful winners with some truly inspiring stories of courage and determination and it proved a very fitting way to celebrate our 25th anniversary.’
- 1 The Hairy Bikers hit West Yorkshire
- 2 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 3 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 4 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 5 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021