25 Years of Natural Choice
Ashbourne retailer, Natural Choice, is celebrating its 25th anniversary
June promises to be a milestone month for Ashbourne – with the arrival of the Olympic torch on 29th – and Natural Choice, a renowned retailer of green and organic goods in the town, will also be celebrating a special occasion. Twenty five years ago saw the start of a new venture in Ashbourne at 32 St John Street. Steve and Roy Parker had decided on something quite different for the people in Ashbourne and the Derbyshire Dales. One move and three expansions later and the results speak for themselves at their 17th century, town centre property on 24 St John Street. Over the last century the type o businesses at Number 24 have come full circle and Natural Choice couldn’t have a better base for all it offers.
Natural Choice Milestones:
Circa 1624 – No 24, St John Street was built
1919 – Mr James Osborne, a pharmacist in Ashbourne from 1870, produced a herbal mixture for the ‘relief and cure’ of epilepsy, actually on the premises and distributed it worldwide
1987 – Natural Choice opens at 32 St John Street on 29th June
1989 – Expansion including 30 St John Street
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
1992 – Move to 24 St John Street in January
1992 – Opening of the Therapy Rooms above the shop in May
2006 – Basement retail area closes and the rear ground space expanded
2012 – June 29th marks Natural Choices 25th anniversary (and the Olympic torch reaches Ashbourne!)
Today Natural Choice offers an extensive range of whole foods, special dietary foods, Fair-trade, organic, cruelty-free skincare, green household products, gifts, cards, recycled glassware and relaxation music. In the Therapy Centre, qualified therapists offer a holistic approach to health.
Tel: 01335 346096