A look ahead to Bakewell Show
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Bakewell Show - held from 3rd-4th August, with a special Equestrian Day on 2nd - promises a packed programme of events
The Royal Signals White Helmet motorcycle stunt team will roar into Bakewell Showground’s centre ring this August to mark the 186th Show.
The historic event - one of the oldest country shows - will take place on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th August in the picturesque market town of Bakewell. Packed full of animals, attractions and activities, it is a fantastic family day out.
Meet Titan, the larger-than-life robot, and participate in activities including learning to fly fish, circus workshops, zip wires, climbing walls and more.
The Food & Farming marquee will host biscuit baking and other activities, while the Children’s Zone will once again feature a beach with Punch and Judy shows and donkey rides.
Visit an array of animals, from alpacas and Valais blacknose sheep (dubbed the cutest in the world), to cattle and goats in the Agricultural Centre.
The Show is also home to a number of equestrian events - from show jumping to heavy horse displays and mounted games, there’s plenty for horse lovers to watch and a dedicated Equestrian Day on Tuesday 2nd August.
- 1 7 must visit waterside pubs in Sussex
- 2 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 3 10 North Yorkshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 10 Lancashire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 10 Derbyshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 7 10 Somerset pubs to enjoy a drink with a view
- 8 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 9 6 luxury places to stay in Suffolk
- 10 18 cottages that will make you want to move to Hampshire
‘Apres Show’ will return on the Wednesday from 6pm, enabling show-goers to stay on for extra Titan and White Helmets performances plus live music, with bars remaining open into the evening.
Enjoy all of this along with hundreds of artisan food and craft stalls, flower show and WI marquees, a dog show, pigeon, poultry and rabbit classes and vintage vehicles.
Bakewell Show is run by Bakewell Agricultural & Horticultural Society Ltd, a not-for-profit charitable organisation that seeks to preserve this historic event.
Buy advance adult tickets and children aged 5-15 go free (£5 on the day), for details visit bakewellshow.org or call 01629 812736.