Aisseford Tea Room
- Credit: Archant
Set in the beautiful and picturesque village of Ashford-in-the-Water, Aisseford Tea Rooms serves wonderful home-made cakes - including the renowned Victoria Sponge - fresh scones and a wide selection of refreshments.
All produce is locally sourced and the tea rooms are owned by the McGoverne family - the delicious Bakewell pudding on sale is made to a special recipe created by the McGoverne’s great-great-grandmother!
Hot breakfasts are served every day until 11.30am and a selection of paninis, light bites and sandwiches are served all day, alongside a mouth-watering selection of daily specials. The home made meat and potato pie sells out very quickly - as can be verified on Trip Advisor! There is also an extensive menu of hot drinks which includes the specially chosen ‘tea of the month’ and all refreshments can be served in either the comfortable tea room, the light and airy conservatory area or al fresco in the garden at the rear - a perfect spot for warmer weather.
Walkers with muddy boots and muddy dogs are most welcome and all diets can be catered for by the friendly and helpful team of staff who are always smiling! Those who’d like to sit by the river and take in the charming scenery of the surrounding area can also choose a take out lunch.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 3 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 6 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 7 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
Ashford is one of Derbyshire’s prettiest villages and is famous for its well dressings which take place every year between May and June. The village is located just five minutes out of Bakewell and is easily approached along the A6.
Visitors to the tearooms can also enhance their experience by paying a visit to the upstairs gift shop. Here, you’ll find a great range of beautiful gifts and interior accessories, including lovely cards for every occasion.
The summer opening hours are 9am to 5pm and opening times in the winter are 10am to 4pm,
All in all, Aisseford Tea Rooms offer great food, great service and a great setting!
‘A Slice of Heaven served by Culinary Angels in the Peak District’ - a quote from