Young Artists at Wirksworth Festival 2013
- Credit: Archant
As part of this year’s Wirksworth Festival, several young local artists have been commissioned by Learning Through Arts to produce a collaborative, creative piece of theatre.
Premiering in the festival’s ‘Up and Coming’ weekend, ‘Threadbare’ is a unique dance installation performance that combines original set design, choreography, music and poetry in a moving portrayal of the intricate journey life weaves around us: how people, places and experiences knit together to form a unique thread of existence.
The project has been commissioned by Learning Through Arts Director Debi Hedderwick and is jointly funded by Learning Through Arts, Derbyshire County Council, Arts Council England Grants for the Arts and the Legacy Trust UK.
Having also worked together as part of the highly successful Bright in the Corner 2012 - which involved performers from the East Midlands and the South African township of Mamelodi - the talented young artists behind ‘Threadbare’ are emerging professionals in their chosen fields.
The piece will be performed as part of a dance Double Bill that will also feature an innovative new venture from INdependDANCE. ‘The Romeo and Juliet Project’ is an exploration of homophobic attitudes and bullying behaviours based on, and told alongside, the Shakespearian tale.
‘Threadbare’ will be performed at 7.30pm on Saturday 21st September in Wirksworth Town Hall. Tickets £7, concessions £5. To purchase tickets or for more information visit www.wirksworthfestival.co.uk
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 5 23 cottages that will make you want to move to Surrey
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 9 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk